Best Digital Marketing Practices In Education
If you’re in the education sector, you know how over the years, from the way education is imparted to the career paths that students choose has drastically changed. Internet is being recognized and consumed like never before. Right from social media to using mobile applications, the youth, not just in India but across the globe see the internet more as a necessity, a way of life than mere need. Then again, if you’re not using digital, you’re missing out on important tools that could increase lead generation in the form of inquiries and on-campus visits, applications and thereby yield.
Check out these best digital marketing strategies for education.
Foremost, why do you need digital marketing for the education sector or for that matter any other sector?
A study released by eMarketer illustrates that the education sector is one of the top industries in the world currently using social media as part of their overall strategy. Over a 72% of respondents in the education industry said they currently implement social media tactics in their marketing daily marketing activities. 17% of educational institutes worldwide said they planning to add social media to their marketing programs.
Another survey by marketingcharts, say that in the average 18-34-year-old college student owns 7 tech devices .The laptop is the most commonly owned device, by 85% of the college student population, with smartphone penetration nearing 70% and tablets (36%) more widespread than cell phones (33%).
Still not convinced? Check out the advantages of implementing digital marketing
- Economical: Digital Marketing platforms are much more affordable compared to conventional marketing strategies. They require less investment and ROI is excellent.
- Facilitates quantifiable results: With better tools available in the market, you can track performances of various campaigns effortlessly. Plus, with the available statistics, you can narrow down the strategy you want to implement in order to boost your goals.
- Get immediate feedback: Digital marketing platforms, especially social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter present swift response. A social media manager is usually reading and monitoring posts at the other end and offering immediate feedback.
- Enhance brand awareness: You can build your brand using digital media. All you have to do is make sure your strategies are conversational and engaging in order to grab the attention of the reader thereby giving you leads.
Now, let’s get to the best practices
1. The face of your business – website
It’s the primary online presence for your business. Make sure your value proposition is unique, distinctly clear and effective in communicating what you tend to achieve and impart. It should be trustworthy in order to entice students and parents to approach you. Your website should serve as an answer to their questions, simple!
2. Don’t have blogs? About time you did!
You should understand that a blog attracts a lot of audiences. They are sources of a lot of information and knowledge. Getting your faculty and students to write blogs adds to the need to post fresh content regularly, something that’s a requisite in digital marketing – keep it fresh! Keep a track of trends in the education sector that’ll help you stay up-to-date.
3. SEO a.k.a Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization helps in achieving higher search rankings for your website or blog, thus reaching more students and prospects. When you implement the best and relevant keywords, they help drive traffic to you. You need to quickly adopt to industry trends, regularly follow other education blogs and relevant sites and present content uniquely in order to stand out. Not only on-page SEO, but off-page SEO also help in attaining new audience, by linking with the relevant education blogs and websites of other universities.
4. Social media – Must to-do
Promoting your institute through useful and quality content on social media communities is highly advantageous. Unlike traditional marketing channels, it engages in two-way conversation. They drastically help to reduce student acquisition costs because they allow audiences to directly interact with the management and find solutions for their queries and vice versa.
5. Don’t forget paid promotion
Search and display ad campaigns are extremely lucrative ways to market an educational institution. Through Google AdWords, you can run ad campaigns targeting a specific audience and specific locations. Chance of lead generation through ad campaigns is very high, as they lead the audience to data capture forms on your website.
6. Email marketing is alive and kicking!
Email still remains one of the most cost-effective ways to reach a number of prospects. The content should act like a solution to your audiences’ requirement. Create content that matters to your audience. The message must be effective and precise and yes, also make them mobile friendly, because chances are they’ll mostly be read online.
7. Re-targeting it is!
In order to convert a prospect into a client, re-target them till they convert. Through pre-scheduled follow-up emails and social media posts, maintain a stronghold on our target audience.
Good luck folks!